10.29.2008

A Typical Day at SheaNichole Designs

Instead of just being a blog, I thought I would show you a little bit of what I do.

I don't have a "studio" but I do have an amazing sun room that I have converted into a work space. Even if it is overcast outside there is still plenty of bright light!



As you can tell in the photo, there is not a lot of space! I enjoy working in an area that inspires me, so even though I had a limited amount of space to work with, I didn't want to feel uninspired when I was in the room. I had to think creatively and utilize the space in a way that is conducive to my work habits.

I have converted two drafting tables into work areas. One serves as a desk and/or sewing machine table and the other is a pressing table/supply table. I use most of the floor space as my cutting area....I know...this is so bad! Along the opposite wall (the only wall that does not have windows, but does have a door) sits a bookshelf and stackable storage for fabrics and other design supplies. I even have stackable storage under the majority of my windows! But, I totally love the work area....I guess you could say I "made it work!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Below are a couple of photos of my order process. This order was for 14 pocket squares produced in garnet diva satin from Bill Levkoff. Here you see a handmade pattern for a 7x7 pocket square, cutting supplies, and the 14 pocket squares that are cut, pinned, and ready to be sewn.





This is a photo of the almost finished pocket squares. They have been stitched together, pressed and are ready to be hand sewn closed. After they are complete, they will be packaged neatly in custom SND boxes.





Well, I hope you enjoyed a typical day at SND!!!! If you are interested in more information regarding product availability, please visit the SheaNichole Designs Website.

*

No comments: